Revised: August 16, 2022
The Level Up Village website (the “website”) provides information about the Level Up Village platform (the “platform”) that is used to deliver online, collaborative courses to participating schools and other educational organizations (hereafter “schools”) around the world with the primary mission of facilitating intercultural communication and multi-cultural learning experiences for students.
No account registration is required to view the public pages or use the website. Only teachers (hereinafter “you”) can create an account on the platform, connect with a partner teacher, and provide access for your students. Upon registration, you will be asked to provide personal information, including name, email, school affiliation, city, state, and country. You will also be required to provide certain information about the classes you teach in order to be paired with a global partner and use the video exchange functionality of the platform. This information will be shared with other registered teachers on the platform for the purpose of pairing classrooms. You agree to keep this information current and complete.
Using the Platform
Teachers who use the platform will be paired with another global educator to develop a unique learning experience where the students in both classes will interact directly with each other via text messaging and asynchronous video communication. All student communication is
moderated by the teacher, administrator, or other authorized school personnel who is responsible for administering the Level Up Village learning experience, including the monitoring of all student communications. It is the teacher’s responsibility to ensure that all student communications are appropriate, lawful, and do not convey any personally identifiable information. Any such communications may be blocked by the teacher before they are able to be viewed or read by any other students.
The platform is not to be used by unsupervised students. Teachers are responsible for administering and controlling the use of the platform video and text message features by students, including students under the age of 13, and obtaining any parental consent for students, as required by applicable laws and policies of the school system.
By using the platform, you agree and certify that you are a teacher and that you will:
• use the platform for educational use only.
• not violate any federal, state, or local laws or regulations of the United States or your country of residence.
• notify and receive consent (if required by your school policy) from the parents of your students to allow them to participate in this exchange.
• require that your students who are participating in this exchange complete each of the assigned tasks by the date agreed upon (due date).
• monitor and ensure that your students do not post or share any personally identifiable information (such as last name, address, social media handles, etc.) in their video submissions or via the discussion board.
• remind students that they are representing their school and their community, and that they are bound by their school’s code of conduct while using the platform.
• ensure that students use appropriate language, wear appropriate clothing, and act respectfully toward their classmates and global partners when creating videos or writing in the platform.
• communicate directly with your partner teacher (via the Global Partner Message feature in the platform) if you need to make any changes to the student tasks or due dates.
• respond to questions from the Level Up Village Team if a response is requested.
Use of Content
All content on the platform is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights and owned by Level Up Village or its licensors, unless otherwise indicated. We grant you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use our content solely for educational purposes through the Level Up Village platform. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, republish, or distribute the content in any way outside of the Level Up Village Platform. Content that is designated as “downloadable” may be downloaded, printed, and distributed to students only in connection with their use of the Level Up Village platform. Distribution of any such materials outside of the platform is prohibited without the previous written consent of Level Up Village.
You shall be solely responsible for any content you upload to the Level Up Village platform, including photographs or other media, and affirm that:
• you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, or permissions to use any content that you post to the platform.
• you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each identifiable individual in the content that you post.
• by posting content to the platform, you grant Level Up Village a nonexclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license and right to use, adapt, modify, and distribute that content for educational use.
Use of the website and platform is at your own risk. We do not warrant that the website or platform will be error-free, that the information they provide, track, or store will be accurate or timely, or that operation of the website or platform will be secure or uninterrupted. Except with regard to our willful misconduct, notwithstanding anything contained in these terms to the contrary, and in consideration of the relative risks and rewards, we will not, under any circumstances, be liable to you or any third party for consequential, incidental, special, punitive or exemplary damages arising out of or related to these terms, including but not limited to lost profits or loss of business, even if we are apprised of the likelihood of such damages occurring.
Level Up Village may make available to you content provided by other users of the platform. We are not responsible, or liable to you or to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any such content. The classroom connection feature is made available to you without any warranties of any kind, express of implied. We do not warrant that the platform will operate error-free or that it is free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of the website and platform are governed by the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
Level Up Village
580 White Plains Road, Suite 660
Tarrytown, NY, 10591, USA