Level Up Village has recently initiated an exciting new partnership with 3D Systems as part of their MAKE.DIGITAL digital literacy initiative for K-12 education. This partnership has allowed LUV to offer 3D Printer Packages to schools, educators (at Museums, Schools, Maker Spaces, Libraries, etc) and PTAs that sign up for our Global Inventors in Training class.
LUV invites educational institutions to use their own teachers to teach this class (LUV pays teachers competitive salaries) or brings in an outside teacher to facilitate the class.
1. One Cube 2 Printer
2. One roll of filament
3. Cubify Invent Software
4. Global Inventors in Training After-School Class for 8 Students, over 8 weeks, One to 1.5 hour long classes
5. Comprehensive Teacher Training that raises the capacity of your school staff to use the printer in innovative ways. *If your school doesn’t have a teacher, we will provide one for you.
6. Opportunity for teachers to augment their salary easily by teaching the class for LUV
7. For every 4 schools who sign up for this package, 3D Systems will donate one Cube 2 and 5 rolls of filament to a global partner program serving students living in poverty.
8. Level Up Village will provide these global partners with the training and curriculum to run this class in tandem with the classes running in the US, allowing these students to have a real learning exchange in the US and globally.
Total Cost: $300/Student (8 students) = $2,400
Take a Class, Give a Class Our company runs on the core value of empathy, sharing and global connection. For every 4 classes that are taken by students in the United States, our partner 3D Systems will donate one Cube 2 printer – a cutting-edge, modern desktop 3D printer- and five rolls of filament to a global partner program serving students living in the developing world in poverty, without access to basic resources of life such as water and electricity. Our partnerships are being enabled by grassroots organizations and schools in Pakistan, Mali and Uganda for the GIIT class, and we hope to expand this to more countries to have a diverse pool of partners.
About 3D Systems:
3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D printing centric design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced on-demand custom parts for professionals and consumers alike in materials including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. The company also provides integrated 3D scan-based design, free form modeling and inspection tools and an integrated 3D planning and printing digital thread for personalized surgery and patient specific medical devices. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, prototype or produce functional parts and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com.